Friday 8 August 2014

It's not easy being green

Today I have been helping out as a victim, sorry volunteer, for a summer research project at Cardiff university. These projects are undertaken by students between second and third year to help gain an insight into research ready for third year projects and to see if a PhD or Masters would be something they would be interested in. The projects also help to keep Cardiff at the leading edge of eye based research that the school of Optometry and Vision Science is so renowned for.

Today I have been helping with a project funded by Coopervision being conducted by one of my friends comparing the effects of over the counter blepharitis treatment compared to baby shampoo. In particular it is looking at the effects of the scrubs on ocular comfort and staining. This has resulted in me having fluoroscein and lissamine green put into my eyes, leading to me having a fetching shade of green eyeshadow for most of the day.

Still it's a small price to pay to help for driving research forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment