Thursday 2 July 2015

I'm back - an update

Wow, didn't realise it had been that long since I had written an update. It's been a busy 3 months mainly full of revision, revision, more revision and then exams, exams and more exams. However at the end of it all I have finished my 3 years of studying at Cardiff with a 2:1 in optometry and am looking forward to graduating in mid-July.

After finishing all the exams and the obligatory nights out to celebrate, it was time to relax and make the most of the little time I had left with my friends before they scattered to the winds (well South England). So after a quick trip back to Bath and a few rounds of adventure golf it was time to bid everyone fair well, with the stinging words of the sassy Deku tree ringing in my ears.

Why don't you try a game that requires less skill? Like sleeping!

After that, rather than just sit around moping or doing something sensible like relaxing in the sunshine I decided I was going to learn basic level Japanese on an intensive course. I've been interested in Japanese for a while and did a taster session with the Student's Union a few months back and love the culture. Rather than taking the straightforward choice of doing the course in my busy evenings, I took the opportunity to make the most of my last few days of studentship and do the course with the university. It was hard work but good fun so I doubled down and did stage 2 of the beginners course the week after. I'm glad I did it, now just need to keep the knowledge and understanding up and growing.

Right back to the eye related topics from next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment